Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Big Fat Greek Vacation



My loyal readers have no doubt noticed a paucity of postings here on the blog. There are several reasons for this:

  1. I'm tired and lazy
  2. I was in Greece with my family for part of July
  3. It's hot here (and in Greece)
  4. We're trying to get Dalai, Jr., to work on his college applications, and the daily whippings take a lot out of me
Most of these are self-explanatory. The trip to Greece had been planned for the better part of a year, but was almost scuttled by the troubles reported over there, mainly in Athens. However, we never saw a hint of riots or other nastiness, although most of the shopkeepers, and the captain of our little boat, were rather disheartened by the whole economic situation, and blamed Germany for charging Greece 7% interest when everyone else gets 3%. Apparently the concept of being a bad risk doesn't translate well. But life goes on over there, and the Greeks seem proud and happy none-the-less. Personally, I would be depressed at paying over $10 for a gallon of gas, but they seem to be used to such things. 

I would post more photos, but our group had five cameras going more or less simultaneously, which produced well over 3,500 images, so it will take a good while to pare all that down to a usable level. 

Anyway, be prepared for more PACS news. If there's a topic you feel deserves attention, or if you've heard something especially juicy, please drop me a line at doctordalai(AT)gmail.com.

Ευχαριστώ!!

No comments :